At AZTI, we accompany businesses from the generation of innovation ideas to their transformation into the food of the future. We are also aware that food is essential to improve people’s quality of life, prevention and recovery, and for this reason, precision nutrition is the base on which we innovate in healthy products.
At AZTI, we are working on:
- The determination of the nutritional requirements of different population groups, based on omic tools (membrane lipidomics and intestinal microbiota)
- The development of products based on specific nutritional requirements, convenience, comfort, quality, ethics and environmental concern and market competitiveness.
- The manufacturing processes, processing and preservation technologies to develop products and improve the efficiency of processes from the technological point of view.
- The validation of new technologies in the food sector.
- The characterisation of the technological functionality of new components and ingredients.
- The design of digital advice tools to promote healthy habits to society.
Our projects focus on three areas of research:
Precision nutrition and personalised diet
Precision nutrition for product innovation. Solutions for a personalised diet
We are working on precision nutrition, which is understood to be the adaptation of food to the specific needs of the individual for the innovation and creation of a variety of healthy products.
Formulation and processing of new food products
Addressing consumer needs through healthy products
Convenience, sustainability and pleasure
Innovating with products to suit consumers’ usage needs, consumption and emotions
Food Processing and Preservation Technology
Improving the quality, preservation and efficiency of products
Our innovation is achieved through technology that improves (nutritional and organoleptic) quality, preservation (product shelf-life), technological qualities (such as thickening or emulsifying capacity) and (environmental and economic) efficiency of food products. Furthermore, we generate new processes and technologies that guarantee the proper formulation and effectiveness of nutrients in transformed food.