At AZTI we support new product development in the food industry through new processes design, integrating technologies capacble of producing an abrupt water evaporation from food.
When applied to a dehydration process these technologies are capable of expanding food obtaining innovative dehydrated products with attractive appearance (expanded and aerated) and crispy texture which is an improvement when compared to elastic or compact textures of dehydrated products already existing on the market.
Furthermore, these technologies enable expanding food without the need for frying in oil and therefore also improving their nutritional profile.
These technologies enable expanding food without the need for frying in oil and therefore also improving their nutritional profile
Proven track record
With over 10 years of experience in both technologies, at AZTI we:
- Help companies develop their own products and processes
- Our pilot plant is equipped with pilot equipment for expansion technologies.
- Maintain alliances with engineering firms and suppliers of goods and equipment for drawing design, solution finding and new processing installation start-up.
- Award for a company’s developed product “Best Baked Product and Most Innovative Product” for the Dehydrated Tomato product at the 11th Aperitif Seminar of 05/23/2012, organized by Dulces Noticias and AFAP.
- Dehydrated snacks range of crisp and tasty fruit and vegetables, totally natural and without any additives, developed for Wild Pilot Food company and marketed under BuenOh! brand