ENVIROSCORE is an intuitive 5-grade ( A | B | C | D | E ) label which communicates the environmental impact of food and beverages based on the European Product Environmental Footprint methodology and promotes sustainability
What does it achieve?
- to reduce the generation of environmental impacts along the supply chain.
- to differentiate the environmental performance of different products
- to be able to choose the most sustainable option within the same type of product.
Advantages of the Enviroscore
- For agri-food companies: it encourages them to reduce the generation of environmental impacts along the supply chain.
- Allows the integration of the different environmental impact categories into one.
- Promotes product eco-design along the entire supply chain.
- For the consumer: provides easy-to-understand information that allows consumers to compare between products and between food and drink product categories, motivating them towards more sustainable consumption patterns.
- Facilitates behavioural change towards sustainable food consumption.
- It avoids the demonisation of some food products, as it shows the differences in the final impact of the different forms of production, origin or packaging of the same product.
- It provides answers to consumers’ doubts by unifying the flow of information.