- Advice and assistance in order to obtain permits for offshore aquaculture production facilities.
- Hydrodynamic characterisation of the marine environment: Control and monitoring of variables using marine technology.
- Environmental impact assessment studies for production.
- Advice on optimising fish and shellfish production
- Guidance on designing offshore facilities.
- Development of systems to monitor and supervise aquaculture facilities.
- Development of coastal monitoring systems.
- Feeding strategies: Feeding frequency and duration, ration calculation, loss control, feed conversion rate optimisation, etc.
- Operational strategies: Planning and standardisation of fish and shellfish handling. Equipment management and use.
- Animal welfare and biosafety during production.
- Environmental and health monitoring networks for the marine environment during production.
- Advice on designing production technologies: long-line systems, marine cages, etc. and setting up production facilities (installation and zootechnics).
- Big Data and Industry 4.0 solutions: predictive models, nondestructive advanced sensorics.
- Eco-efficient production plans for material, water, and energy savings. Shrinkage, loss, discharge, waste andemission minimisation.
- Safe use of food by-products as a feed source in aquaculture.
- Ergonomic improvements for processes and facilities.
- Innovative strategies for waste recovery in aquaculture.
- Calculation of the environmental footprint for aquaculture products and activities.
- Software to optimise consumption and to monitor, improve and communicate sustainability.
- Use of bacteriophages in aquaculture as a sustainable alternative to antibiotics and product quality assurance.
- Zebrafish as a model animal to assess the safety and effectiveness of aquaculture ingredients and models.
New products, Consumer
- Product quality characterisation.
- Presentation and packaging for minimally processed products.
- New processed product development. Transformation and conservation technologies.
- Support for the marketing of fish and aquaculture products.
- Study on consumption habits and acceptability of aquaculture species in consumers and HORECA.
- Preparation of strategic innovation plans.
- Market analysis and development of business models.
- Aquaculture sector; producers, service providers and suppliers.
- Public administration.
- Fisheries sector (diversification of activity, complementarity with aquaculture sector).
- Maritime sector (auxiliary industry).
- Agro-food sector (product transformation).
- Product marketing and distribution sectors.
- Business development and/or entrepreneurship agencies.
- Energy sector (multi-purpose).
- Customised and developed with the client according to their needs (public-private actors, private companies, etc.).