Quality management systems enable generating a control and record system covering the entire product chain – from origin to target destination – working as an effective control of food authentication and traceability.
DNA technology offers the possibility of identifying the species and/or origin of ingredients used in product preparation, even for highly processed products.
At AZTI we are experts in:
- Fish species identification through genetic PCR-sequencing identification enabling unequivocal species identification on fresh, frozen and even processed products (cans/preserves, surimi, etc.).
- Detecting the presence of mandarin in fruit juice with a detection limit of 2% mandarin in orange.
- Detecting mixtures of meat, beef, pork, poultry, milk, etc.
- Authentication of Arabica coffee variety: presence detection of up to 2% of Robusta coffee variety in Arabica both in green and roasted coffee.
Geographic origin identification: anchovies from the Bay of Biscay/Atlantic and albacore, Idiazabal cheese identification (Protected Designation of Origin).
Transfer of these genetic methods
Development of tailor-made identification methods
Benefits for your company / Product
- Food traceability and authentication control.
- Obtaining quality standards demanded by consumers.
- Product differentiation.
- Better positioning on more demanding markets.
- Improved relationship with the administration.
- Supplier control.
- Production process control.
- Large food distribution companies.
- Canning industry.
- Quality brands.
- Organisations working to maintain ocean sustainability.
From 24 hours to 5 working days.
Pioneers in providing solutions for customers through dna analysis
- We develop customised methodologies.
- We are pioneers in mandarin detection in orange and Robusta coffee variety in Arabica.
- We are pioneers in species identification in tuna preserves In some cases we can even detect a mix of species.
- We are pioneers in authentication methods of surimi derivatives.
- We are pioneers in geographic identification of tuna and anchovy species.