MSc students and graduates with different educational backgrounds as well as PhD students and post-docs from 28 RIS countries will discover job opportunities in the food industry, by getting a unique, professional, paid 3-6 months internships.
Who are we looking for?
During the recruitment process we will look for young passionate people from higher education upon the return to their homes RIS countries, will spur a wave of entrepreneurial innovations and support the development of the local agri-food ecosystem.
EIT Food RIS Fellowships project is divided into two complementary components:
RIS Fellowships, dedicated to MSc students, graduates and young entrepreneurs.
They will reveal their talent in agri-food sector, throughout gaining hands-on experiences and strengthening their job-related skills, including analytical thinking and creative problem solving. RIS Fellowship interns will be engaged in learning-by-doing activities (internal projects and tasks of EIT Food Partners) carried out by each host company.
RIS Talents, doctoral students and young postdocs. They will benefit from lessons learned in your own academic research and they will also be encouraged to engage in industrial collaboration or entrepreneurship. RIS Talents interns will be participated in innovation projects of EIT Food as well as R&D projects by becoming involved in dedicated internships in the EIT Food partners organizations.
Benefits of the internship
- Precise matching candidates to the offered internships areas specified by each host company.
- Gain hand-on experiences by creative problem solving and solving real work problematic situations of the organizations.
- Get 1,350€ (Fellowships) – 2,000€ (Talents) gross grant/month for support your expenses.
- Know and learn about other ways of working and discuss from a different point of view.
- Improve your curriculum vitae and get contacts and opportunities that will open up doors for your professional life.
- Enrich yourself knowing another country and getting involved in its culture.
Who is eligible?
Candidates must study or come from one of the following 28 EIT RIS countries or regions:
Albania, Armenia, Bosnia & Herzegovia, Bulgaria, Croartia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy *, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland**, Portugal, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain***, Turkey, Ukraine.
*Italy (only regions: Molise, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicilia, Sardegna, Umbria, Marche, Abruzzo, Campania, Valle d’Aosta) **Poland (only regions: Łódzkie, Lubelskie, Małopolskie, Podkarpackie, Świętokrzyskie, Podlaskie, Wielkopolski, Lubuskie, Dolnośląskie, Opolskie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie, Zachodniopomorskie, Mazovia Regional – without Mazovia-Capital )***Spain (only regions: Galicia, Principado de Asturias, Cantabria, La Rioja, Castilla-la Mancha, Extremadura, Illes Balears, Andalucía, Región de Murcia, Canarias, Castilla y León, Aragón, Comunidad Valenciana)
- Have an interest in the agri-food sector.
- Proactive attitude and be passionate about student extra activities.
- Have analytical skills, be open-minded, goal-oriented and team player.
- Be able to work in English.
- Be available during the period from July until December 2019.
- Have a cross-country mobility allowances and health insurance.
Timing and Process
STEP 01. Fill in the application form and upload 1-minute self-video. (Deadline 13th May)
STEP 02. Participate in workshops (Just for RIS Fellowships candidates). If you have been selected we will contact you to take part in one of the 15 workshops that will take place in different RIS countries. Challenge yourself by solving group case-study and taking paper-pencil tests. (MAY-JUNE)
STEP 03.Present yourself during online interviews. If you meet the selection criteria, you will be invited to interviews with host companies. Check the final list of interns on the project website (JUNE)
STEP 04. Enjoy your internship! (JULY-DECEMBER)
University of Warsav, AZTI, Pepsico, Puratos, Maspex, Napiferyn Biotech, Flatev
UE – EIT Food – RIS (Regional innovation Scheme)