Mediterranean aquaculture integrated development
- through a holistic assessment to identify the main technical, environmental, economic and social challenges which may condition the sustainability of the sector,
- by addressing those technical, environmental, economic and social challenges that the sector currently faces,
- by developing innovative knowledge and tools to improve the performance of the production systems, creating and fostering added-value products and socially acceptable business plans.
- MedAID will combine socioeconomics, biological sciences and food technology to improve competitiveness for the industry by providing strategies for optimizing production processes, marketing, business, administration and sector image and governance.
- The project will provide integrated solutions targeted at solving specific industrial bottlenecks throughout the whole value chain.
- Guides and recommendations produced by MedAID will widen the range of available tools and allow harmonization, networking and data sharing for analysis at regional level.
Partners: MedAID is a consortium of 34 partners from 12 countries, composed by experienced R&D groups, companies and institutions from different backgrounds that will interact to face the sector’s constraints to provide state-of-the-art and applied research results, guidelines for improving zootechnical performance, business plans, and integrated recommendations for governance.
Funding: European Union in the frame of Horizon 2020, grant agreement number 727315.
Lenght: april 2017 – April 2021
More information: http://www.medaid-h2020.eu