- Food 4 Future – Expo Foodtech celebrates a new edition of the FoodTech Innovation Awards 2022, which aim to recognize the most innovative proposals and solutions that will transform the food and beverage industry
December 22, 2021. – Food 4 Future – Expo FoodTech is today opening entries for the FoodTech Innovation Awards 2022. From May 17 to 19, Bilbao (Spain) will gather the new edition of Food 4 Future – Expo FoodTech, the innovation event for professionals from the entire food industry value chain to discover the latest trends, success stories and tools to transform the food and beverage industry. Once again, Food 4 Future will gather a new edition of the FoodTech Innovation Awards 2022, which will recognize the projects and excellence developed by food and beverage industry companies committed to innovation and sustainability, in order to adapt their business models to the new digitalization era.
The call for awards is open until April 14, 2022 to any innovative project, companies, associations, startups and solutions that will transform industries. The FoodTech Innovation Awards 2022 will award a total of 5 prizes in the following categories:
- The most innovative solution on digitalization Award for the food and beverage industry: this category recognises the work and effort of the company, platform, solution or technological application that is impacting and transforming the food and beverage industry, its sales model, its production, process, contact with the consumer or value proposition through a solution linked to the digital and technological sphere.
- Best Sustainability Project: awards the most innovative and disruptive project that boosts the sustainability of companies in the industry and the protection of the environment.
- Healthy Food: recognizes an innovative and/or scientific solution that promotes healthy eating or has a direct impact on healthy eating.
- The most innovative FoodTech Startup: aimed at the most innovative startups with the greatest impact on digitalization, sustainability and health in the Foodtech sector. Startups selected from Food 4 Future’s Foodtech Startup Forum will also be eligible to participate in this category.
- The Best Automation and Robotics solution: category focused on the use of automation and robotics to boost the competitiveness of production processes or factories.
In the last edition, the FoodTech Innovation Awards rewarded Chemometric Brain for its control software that uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies to identify the components of any ingredient or food product in powder, liquid, solid or gel form in just a few seconds; Healthy Food Ibérica for Verdeo, a solid fat based on olive oil that provides a solution to the industry and consumers looking for an alternative and not a substitute, and the startup NUCAPS Nanotechnology for its food protein nano-capsules, a natural, safe and effective solution for the oral administration of bioactive ingredients, drugs and probiotics.