30 students and graduates with different educational backgrounds from RIS countries will discover job opportunities in the food industry, by getting unique, professional, paid 3-months internships within the framework of RIS Fellowships project.
Unlike other scholarship projects, the students and graduates will reveal their talents in agri-food sector, throughout gaining hands-on experiences and strengthening their job-related skills, including analytical thinking and creative problem solving.
During multi-step recruitment process, candidates will not only learn how to professionally prepare outstanding LinkedIn profile but also will actively participate in unique networking and case study solving workshops led by EIT Hubs. Best selected 30 talents will get internships in different areas of operations in EIT Food consortium companies or RisingFoodStars companies. Interns will take learning-by-doing activities by solving real problematic situations that the companies in food industry are facing. All interns will be provided with a scholarship of 1000 EUR gross monthly.
What is it?
Gain hands-on experience and strengthen your job-related skills during a 3-month internship in a company from the food sector. The internship is focused on cross-country mobility meaning you will carry out your internship in a host company outside your region of study or origin.
Various companies across Europe and Israel are looking to host young, creative minds like yours.
You can find the list of companies here: http://timo.wz.uw.edu.pl/risfellowships/#inter
Selected candidates will be matched with a host company outside their region of study or origin according to their interests, background and skills.
- The deadline for application is: May 15th 23.59 pm (CEST).
Please send in your LinkedIn profiles and 1-min self-made video by this date (see “How to apply” below for details).
- Mid-May-Mid-June: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a fun and challenging workshop in one of 13 countries (country of your choice, according to where you would like to attend the workshop – see “how to apply” below for details)
- Beg Jul: interviews with host companies
- The internships will take place between Aug-November 2018
How can I afford it?
You will receive a EUR 1000/month scholarship to cover all travel and accommodation expenses.
How to apply?
Step 1. Create or update your professional LinkedIn profile, add a 1-minute self-made video
Step 2: Once your profile is ready, join 1 of 13 available RIS Fellowships groups on Linkedin. You should choose the group according to the country in which you would like to attend the workshop in Mid-May/Mid-June.
Find details and guidelines to help you apply: http://timo.wz.uw.edu.pl/risfellowships/#apply
Who is eligible?
- Candidates must study or come from one of the following countries or regions: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy (only regions of: Basilicata, Calabria, Molise, Puglia, Sardegna and Sicilia), Lithuania, Poland (only regions of: Dolnośląskie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Łódzkie, Lubelskie, Lubuskie, Małopolskie, Opolskie, Podkarpackie, Podlaskie, Świętokrzyskie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie and Wielkopolskie), Romania, Slovenia, Spain (only regions of: Andalucia, Canarias, Cantabria, Castilla-la Mancha, Extremadura, Illes Balears, La Rioja, Principado de Asturias and Región de Murcia), Portugal, Turkey
- Candidates must be Msc students (min. completed the second year of study) or Msc graduates (up to 2 years after graduation) in a relevant field (see relevant fields below)
- Candidates must be able to work in the English language (min. C1 in CEFR level of English is required)
- Candidates must have a LinkedIn profile in English,
- Candidates must apply via 1 of 13 RIS Fellowships group on LinkedIn
- Candidates must be available during the period from August until November 2018,
- Candidates must be interested in the agri-food sector,
- Candidates must have health insurance required for cross-country mobility.
What is a relevant field?
Students must have an interest in the agro-food sector and must be studying or be a graduate from:
- Marketing area, project management, data analysis, market research, sales, IT, programming or similar
- Biology, chemical engineering, food science, food technology, process engineering, pharmaceutical technology or similar
The best candidate for the RIS Fellowships project should be a student or graduate of Msc, who is keen to discover job opportunities in the food industry. The candidate should be interested in the challenges facing the agri-food sector in the entire value chain. Furthermore, the candidate should be a person who is looking to learn-by doing and to develop job related-skills.
The candidate should have a proactive attitude and be passionate about student extra-curricular activities. Additionally, the applicant should be eager to gain new experience, be willing to learn and self-motivated. The candidate should be aware of his/her strengths and know how to present themselves well (show it off in the video!). Moreover, he/she should have analytical skills, be open-minded, goal-oriented and a team player.
The candidate should be ready to work in an international environment and speak English very well. He/she could have a lack of work experience, but an entrepreneurial approach and mindset. The applicant should be interested in innovativeness and entrepreneurship and should want to share his/her interests with the local environment.
The RIS Fellowships project is looking for talents from higher education who will become future food sector employees or will set up their own businesses. Young passionate people upon return to their homes RIS countries, will spur a wave of entrepreneurial innovations and support the development of the local agri-food ecosystem.
Find more information and details on the website: http://timo.wz.uw.edu.pl/risfellowships/
If you have any doubts, please contact EIT Food CLC South office: +34 944 719 409