At AZTI-Tecnalia, we contribute to scientific knowledge on the functioning of coastal environments in order to attain the sustainable management of resources, goods and services. Therefore, we research in order to achieve a sustainable fishing activity by an economically competitive fleet, with responsible fishing practices.
There are six areas of specialisation in marine research:
- Marine and Fisheries Technology: Technological development of the fisheries sector
- Integrated coastal management: Development from a comprehensive approach
- Fisheries management: Responsible and competitive
- Operational oceanography system: Mitigate the effects of accidental events
- Ecosystems and climate change (202): Exploitation of resources and services
- Aquaculture: Responsible fishing activity