- Venue: FICOBA. Irún (Spain)
- Date: 6 and 7 March 2018
- Organizers: FICOBA and AZTI
- Partners: Diputación Foral de Gipuzkoa, Eusko Jaurlaritza-Gobierno Vasco, Communauté D´Agglomération Pays Basque, Région Nouvelle-Aquitaine.
- Go to registration form and more information HERE
Uhinak is a cross border congress about the way climate change and extreme weather phenomena affect coastal areas. In this third edition the scope of the congress is wider and it covers the Atlantic Europe.
The aim of Uhinak is to get to know the needs of agents facing climate change and to find out the scientific contributions to meet those needs. In order to achieve that objective, Uhinak sets out a multidisciplinary approach that brings together the different stakeholders: scientists, technicians, and administrations.
- Become acquainted with actions and solutions that entail adopting the measures needed to defend and protect the coast to tackle the consequences of climate change.
- Bring together public administration, scientists and international experts with sector companies, to debate necessary interventions.
- Learn from experiences and best practice and collaborate in coastal management and maintenance.
- Promote cross-border collaboration and the creation of synergies.
- Accept public opinion and disclose the activities of public administrations, in the light of concern about rough weather.
- Recognise new business openings in the sector.
Who is this aimed at
At all agents, businesses, institutions and organisations in general, that act and see opportunities regarding the impact of climate change on the coast. Specifically:
- Political and technical representatives for coastal regions and municipalities and other administrations with power in this area.
- Experts at technology and research centres. Universities.
- Sector businesses, businesses with an interest in new opportunities opening in the sector and business associations.