We generate and develop business opportunities for the food value chain agents. Our R&D is dedicated to addressing the needs of the food industry to achieve sustainable growth through products, technology and tools to fulfil their needs.
We provide integrated solutions for the entire food chain applying measures to improve environmental activity. We work in two large activity fields:
Valorisation of Food by-products
We embrace the challenge of transforming wasted food fractions into ingredients, additives, raw materials or intermediate goods.
We strive to transform wasted food fractions into ingredients, additives, raw materials or intermediate goods for human and animal consumption or bio-fuel generation to obtain compounds with higher commercial, economic and environmental value such as products, compounds, substances or molecules from wasted foods fractions such as excess and discarded food, by-products and co-products.
Efficient and Sustainable Production
Our innovation guarantees competitiveness and sustainability for the food sector.
The innovation we generate guarantees short-term competitiveness and long-term economic, environmental and social sustainability of the food sector.
We propose the following solutions: reducing process-related costs; optimising the use of raw materials, auxiliary materials, energy and water; reducing wastage, losses, waste and discharges; reducing associated environmental impact; and product recovery.
This is achieved through development and validation of:
- More efficient processing technology
- Systems for online classification with sensors
- Automation processes
- Economic and environmental assessment and eco-design of processes
- Solutions for minimisation and smart management of discharges.
- Redesign of production processes and work positions.
We are experts in:
- Strategies and processes aimed at obtaining compounds with higher commercial or economic and environmental value from wasted food fractions.
- Technologies and solutions to reduce process costs; improve quality; optimise the use of raw materials, energy and water; and reduce wastage, losses, waste and discharges.
- More efficient processing technologies: online classification with sensor systems and automation processes; ecodesign, and economic and environmental process assessment; redesign of production processes and work positions.