Bakery products enables increasing daily intake of high biological value protein
Adding natural ingredients with high protein content to large scale consumption bakery products enables increasing daily intake of high biological value protein.
At AZTI-Tecnalia we have developed wheat flour replacement methodology to introduce other types of ingredients such as leguminous flours and other sources of protein (algae) in bread formulae while maintaining their sensory quality and improving nutritional properties.
Supplementary sensory characterisation research is carried out through tasting panels and texture analysis applying specific testing.
For several years AZTI-Tecnalia has worked with companies from different food sectors to develop healthy foods within R&D projects. Work is not only focused on product development but also in further dissemination and marketing steps providing an integral service – from new functional product concept to commercialisation, with the aim of guaranteeing launching success
It allows access to new consumers segments concerned about the impact of diet on their heath, the elderly, children, sports people, vegetarians, etc.
- Bakery and distribution sector.
- Estimated scaling-up and implementation time: 3 months.
- Estimated time including new protein sources: 5 months.
Benefits for your company/product
- Adding value and differentiation to a traditional product.
- Diversified product range and potential new markets.
- Easy to extrapolate to other bakery products without requiring investment on equipment.
- PProducts easy to scale-up at industrial level.
- Product differentiation in relation to competitors’ products, gaining a position on the health product market.
- Enables access to new consumer segments concerned about the impact of diet on their health.
- Fulfils the nutritional needs of different population groups and is particularly aimed at the elderly, children, sports people, vegetarians, etc..
- Improved company image before society, customers and suppliers.