Reduction and optimisation of energy consumption
- Characterisation of fuel consumption for the vessel’s main engine.
- Optimisation of the vessel’s performance in relation to speed and fuel consumption.
- Considerable savings in fuel costs and increased fleet sustainability.
- GESTOIL is a versatile system, adjustable to client requirements; it also has additional tools (plug-ins) for diesel cost management.
- Calculation of fuel costs while the vessel is cruising.
- Land-based fuel cost management for the fleet (office).
The GESTOIL includes a data acquisition system to record engine’s energy performance based on selected variables which can be used for environmental impact studies in the marine environment (emissions, carbon footprints, impact indicators, etc.).
GESTOIL is a practical and effective solution that reduces diesel consumption by implementing momentary changes in the vessel’s operational pattern.
- Public administrations and official bodies (through H2020 strategy, sustainable fishing fleet, control of fleets, environmental impact analysis, etc.)
- Commercial fishing fleet
- Companies in the marine sector as an additional tool to in-house fleet maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of the main engine’s energy consumption.
- Fuel saving.
- Environmental certificates and impact studies can be carried out with the information obtained.
The GESTOIL technology allows for real fuel savings of between 10% and 25% in coastal fishing vessels, depending on the sub-sector, vessel type, fishing mode, etc.
- A prior visit is made to the vessel to define the size and type of installation (versatility of the system depending on client needs and requirements).
- Once the system has been installed, 1-day sea trials are carried under controlled conditions to verify the system.
- 1 week for delivery formats and means (written report, additional tools “plug-ins”, etc.).
- Once the system has been installed, the benefit obtained from the use of the equipment is immediate.
- Close relationship with the fishery sector.
- Years of experience in the energy efficiency field on board fishing vessels.
- Highly knowledgeable in the type of fishing vessels (offshore and coastal) and their operational patterns.
- Pilot plant for test bench testing; ongoing product innovation.
- Product versatility, adaptable to client requirements.
- Multi-disciplinary work team.
- Multi-disciplinary work team: physical, chemical and biological oceanography, ecology, socio-economics, genetics, geography, geology
Proven track record
- Real annual fuel savings of between 10% and 25% in coastal fishing vessels, depending on the sub-sector, vessel type, fishing mode, etc.
- In all cases, the amortisation times have been far lower than one year (months), obtaining considerable savings in operating costs.