A range of nutritionally attractive bread with good technological and sensory quality
Designed by the chefs of Mugaritz restaurant in cooperation with AZTI-Tecnalia researchers, the technological centre has developed a range of nutritionally attractive bread with good technological and sensory quality.
This bread boosting “source of natural fibre” nutritional properties, offers the necessary quantities of the type of fibre required for bread to have healthy qualities in relation to blood cholesterol control.
This bread is suitable for daily consumption by people who care about their diet and have cardiovascular problems.
- Bakery and distribution sector.
- Estimated scaling-up and launch time: 3 months.
Benefits for your company/product
- Adds health value to a classic product without incurring high development costs.
- Offers the possibility of positioning and differentiating a product on the market according to the sector due to the “nutritional quality and healthy nature” properties.
- Excellence seal in the bakery sector.
- With this product, the company fulfils the needs of both the general population and those concerned about cholesterol.
- The product has sensory properties similar to other products but offering proven health benefits.
- Improved company image before customers: the company cares about customers’ diet, health, etc.
- Easily scalable to industrial level without the need to purchase equipment.
- Easy to extrapolate to other bakery varieties: toast, sliced bread, rye bread, cereal bread, etc.
Desde el desarrollo hasta su comercialización
For several years AZTI-Tecnalia has worked with companies from different food sectors to develop functional foods within R&D projects. Work is not only focused on product development but also in further dissemination and marketing steps providing an integral service – from new functional product concept to commercialisation, with the aim of guaranteeing launching success.
This is a fast and economic way of positioning and differentiating a product on the market according to the sector based on “nutritional quality and healthy nature” properties.