Risk assessment and identification and improvement plans for each vessel and fishing method
- Specific risk assessment and identification detailed for each fishing method.
- Improvement plans to reduce risks, specific and adapted to the needs of each vessel and type of fishing.
The subsequent improvement plans are more realistic and practical than those currently prepared by fishing vessel prevention services, which leads to more effective risk reduction.
- Fisheries Sector.
- Merchant Navy
- Marine recreational services with commercial activity.
- Full and improved risk assessment and identification that companies are required to perform or contract through an External Prevention Service.
- The subsequent improvement plans are more realistic and practical, which leads to more effective risk reduction . Therefore, accident minimisation is fostered leading to reduced personal and labour costs and payment of the corresponding compensation.
The proposed improvement plans are more effective as they are based on the correction of specific and real risks on the vessel.
Implementation time may vary depending on the type of vessel, fishing category, business:
- It is considered that detailed risk identification and assessment based on in-situ data collection at sea plus data analysis requires 2 to 3 months.
- Improvement plans agreed by a group of experts from different specialities (fishing, engineering, Health & Safety at Work, etc.) and checked with the vessel/company usually requires another one to two months.
- We have in-depth and practical knowledge of the manoeuvres and tasks performed in the different fishing methods.
- We carry out specific risk identification and assessment in line with the fishing type and vessel operation (beyond the standard approach which does not generally take specific risks into consideration), enabling much more realistic risk identification.
- The proposed improvement plans are more effective as they are based on the correction of specific and real risks on the vessel.
Proven track record
Specific prevention management models prepared for Itsaspreben and used by external prevention services in the following modalities:
- Single Trawling
- Pair Trawling
- Offshore Longliner Fishing
- Purse-Seine Fishing
- Vertical Line Fishing
- Gill Netting
- Coastal Longliner Fishing
- Pot Fishing