New cheese making method is capable of increasing bioactive nutrients while reducing unwanted compounds
The new cheese making method developed by AZTI-Tecnalia is capable of increasing bioactive nutrients while reducing unwanted compounds such as saturated fat and salt.
- Low-salt cheese: by replacing sodium chloride (common salt) with potassium chloride.
- Animal fat is replaced by vegetable fat
- Cholesterol free.
- With Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids.
- Good flavour, aroma and texture.
- Product with balanced and healthy nutritional profile.
- Highly recommended for the elderly.
- Highly recommended for people with high blood pressure (HBP).
The product was subject to tasting panels by different consumer groups with very successful results regarding flavour, aroma and texture. The product was rated as highly recommended for consumption and its health properties were valued positively.
A new product enabling diversification of a healthy product range aimed at consumers with specific nutritional needs.
- Dairy sector companies.
- Estimated time for cheese sensory profile optimisation according to the customer’s specifications and industrial scaling-up: 9 months.
Benefits for your company/product
- Improved company image as customers see the company cares about them.
- Diversified product range through development of a new line of healthy products aimed at consumers with specific nutritional needs.
- Differentiated products in relation to distribution brand products.
- Meeting the needs of different population niches, i.e. the elderly and people with HBP.
- Loyalty of consumers with specific nutritional needs.