We identify and validate the most interesting, innovative natural ingredients/additives by their technological applications.
At AZTI-Tecnalia we identify and validate the most interesting, innovative natural ingredients/additives by their technological applications.
We work on the design and development of gourmet, ethnic and natural products for bakery, pastry and biscuit industries or the fish canning sector by adding innovative natural ingredients such as fruit, algae, flour of different origins, fibre, flowers, seeds, vegetables, truffle sauces and dehydrated tomato, among others.
Product range diversification enables product differentiation in relation to competitors’ in addition to providing access to new consumer segments and new potential markets.
We research and validate the replacement and/or reduction of artificial additives by natural additives with antioxidant power, preservatives, texture and sensory (aroma, flavour and colour) modifying agents such as processed butcher products for the retail sector.
We transfer developments to food companies to support industrial scaling-up and implementation tasks.
We carry out market research on consumers acceptance of new products.
- Companies in the meat, fish processing and bakery sectors.
- Estimated time for product development and transfer: 3 – 5 months
Benefits for your company/product
- Meeting current consumer demand for less processed or natural food (free from artificial additives while maintaining vitamins and nutrients).
- Offering alternatives to companies regarding possible changes to additive legislation and market price fluctuations.
- Generating innovative and higher added-value products.
- Improved company image before society, customers and suppliers.
- Diversified product range and potential new markets.
- Meeting nutritional needs of different population segments, especially aimed at local produce consumers, slow-food, organic food, gourmet consumer, etc.
- Product differentiation in relation to competitors’ and gaining a position on the natural product market.
- Providing access to new consumer sectors concerned about the impact of diet on health and gourmet consumers.