To guarantee environmental sustainability of plans and projects
We strive to guarantee environmental sustainability and efficiency in current and future plans and projects implemented and executed in marine environments. To do so, we:
- Model pressure and impacts generated by projects of temporary or permanent occupation of public marine and land space and natural resources associated. We present different alternatives justifying the solution implemented;
- Evaluate impact associated with project activities and implement measures aimed at reducing, removing or offsetting environmental impact rated as particularly negative;
- Design and implement Environmental Monitoring Programmes (EMP) adapted to aquatic transitional, coastal and ocean ecosystems. Our schemes include forecast comparison aimed at correcting any deviation from the proposed plan; and
- Prepare Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies adapted to the specific requirements and particularities of marine environments.
- To guarantee environmental sustainability and efficiency in current and future plans and projects implemented and executed in marine environments.
- To comply with environmental requirements set forth by administrations:
- Timely achievement of the corresponding Environmental Impact Declaration (EID);
- integral execution and management of environmental monitoring programmes in co-ordination with the different marine stakeholders involved; and
- follow-up adapted to activities in progress and interrelation with permanent marine environment quality control networks.
- We provide ongoing advice on matters related to environmental processing of plans and projects, impact, follow-up, response to claims and queries from the relevant environmental Administration, etc.
- Public administrations and environmental agencies.
- Industries, thermal power stations, water treatment plants, aquaculture facilities (onshore plants, offshore cage systems, etc.), sea power plants, commercial ports and marinas, etc.
We prepare Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies adapted to the specific requirements and particularities of marine environments and needs of each customer.
- Preliminary assessment and process scheduling (15 days)
- Ongoing communication with the stakeholders involved
- Oceanographic sampling, analysis and characterisation of environmental variables (deadline determined by variables)
- Drafting of EIA study and report submission (according to envisaged phases and deadlines)
- Ongoing availability for EMS performance and environmental advice.
- Our multidisciplinary team (engineers, geologists, biologists, chemists, oceanographers, marine scientists, etc.) have 25 years’ ongoing experience in EIA study preparation and EMS implementation of plans, schemes and projects in marine environments.
- We are marine environment leaders at local, national, European and global level. We participate in different national groups, such as AENOR standard committees and international bodies such as ICES, related to environmental impact of projects on marine environments.
- Technical equipment and skills for sampling, analysis and modelling in marine environments.
- Efficiency corroborated by customers and associates regarding integrated environmental assessment and marine environment monitoring schemes.
Proven track record
- Basque Government EJ-GV (Port Directorate): projects since 1994. Dredging plans and projects in different Basque ports.
- Government of Panama: Preparation of an environmental impact assessment protocol in Panama marine environment.
- Bilbao Port Authority: extension work monitoring plans since 1992; EIA study for aggregate extraction; studies on dredged material characterisation and management.
- Pasajes Port Authority: Environmental study of Pasajes outer harbour.
- Basque Energy Board: Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) study and Monitoring Plan (pre-operational and during construction) for the Biscay Marine Energy Platform (BIMEP; wave power capturing devices demonstration infrastructure)
- Environmental impact assessment studies on marine aquaculture farms in Mediterranean coastal areas of the Iberian Peninsula. For different customers:
- Astilleros de Murueta S.A.: Environmental assessment study of the impact of Urdaibai River bed preservation dredging operations.
- Aquarium, San Sebastián: Environmental assessment study of the impact of San Sebastián Aquarium extension.
- Bahía de Bizkaia Gas S. L.: Environmental impact assessment study of the re-gasification plant and the combined cycle thermal power plant (BBG-BBE) in the Port of Bilbao; Environmental Monitoring Scheme for BBG-BBE plant in Zierbena.