We are looking for alternatives to cover the increasing demand for fish and aquaculture products
- METABOLISM, DIGESTION AND ASSIMILATION OF NEW DIETS: Use of fish by-products.
- ONSHORE FISH FARMING: Aquaculture species RAS fattening technologies.
- ONSHORE PRODUCTION SYSTEMS: RAS system optimisation; Sludge treatment system design; Energy audit for aquaculture systems/plants.
- OFFSHORE PRODUCTION SYSTEMS: Offshore farming technology design; Offshore bivalve mollusc farming operations.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Business models, business plans and market study definition for public-private agents.
- SPATIAL PLANNING & AQUACULTURE ACTIVITY REGULATION: Regulatory advice, site selection and ICZM.
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT STUDIES.
- HYDRODYNAMIC STUDIES AND MARINE CARTOGRAPHY: Ocean and installation surveillance and monitoring; Seabed characterisation; Discharge follow-up.
- TECHNICAL AQUACULTURE CERTIFICATION AND STANDARDS (ISO, AENOR, etc.).
- LOAD CAPACITY STUDIES IN COASTAL AREAS.
- FOOD WITH NUTRITIONAL AND HEALTHY PROPERTIES: New products; Quality and organoleptic properties and nutritional assessment; Design and development of strategies for functional food production; Profile improvement.
- FOOD DESIGN: Development of new products, formats and doses; Products with balanced nutrient profiles; New textures; Restructured products; Ready (gourmet) meals.
- SENSORY ASSESSMENT AND CONSUMERS: Analysis of consumer acceptance of new products; Consumption awareness-raising and promotion plans .
NEW TECHNOLOGIES / PROCESSES
- PRESERVATION AND DECONTAMINATION OF FOOD PRODUCTS: Technology to reduce biological and chemical hazards for food safety; Increased product shelf-life; Assessment of treatment impact on product properties.
- TRANSFORMATION OF FOOD PRODUCTS: New process/technology development; New, intermediate and finished product generation; Physical-chemical, sensory, functionality and product safety assessment.
- ONLINE FOOD PRODUCT MONITORING AND CLASSIFICATION: Development of handling, monitoring and automatic classification processes.
- NEW RAW MATERIAL SOURCES BASED ON FOOD BYPRODUCTS.
- LIFE-CYCLE ANALYSIS.
- ECO-EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGIES AND PRODUCTION: Water and energy saving; Improved productivity; Reduced losses, discharges and waste.
- AQUACULTURE BY-PRODUCT VALORISATION: Value-added substances; New food ingredients and products; Feed meals; Pet food; New aquaculture feed materials; Biogas and bio-hydrogen.
- INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT ALTERNATIVES FOR MASSIVE MORTALITY RATES.
- IMPROVED ERGONOMICS AND OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY.
- SAFETY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF FOOD COMPONENTS IN FODDER: Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory assessment of functional feed components; Gnotobiotic models on molecular interaction at microbiota level (probiotics, pathogenic agents); Immunological studies in species through addition of lipopolysaccharides, peptides, prebiotics, probiotics, etc.; Bacteriophage technology development to minimise the risk of disease.
- AQUACULTURAL FOOD SHELF-LIFE ESTIMATE.
- TRACEABILITY OF AQUACULTURE SPECIES.